Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Battle Wounds

According to my training schedule I was to do intervals yesterday- 4 minute walk, 1 minute run, etc. for 25 minutes.  Yesterday was a very frustrating day and I was in a horrible mood when I got home from work so I decided to wait until today to do it and take yesterday off.  I am so glad that I did because after a full Olympics viewing relaxation session last night and a full night sleep, I felt much better this morning and knew that I could get out there and "Just Do it!"  
I set me timer for 4 minutes and started to walk, getting increasingly anxious about the upcoming run.  When the timer went off I was faced with running right into a woman walking her dog.  Feeling very self conscious and embarrassed I waited until I passed her to start running.  I stared at the sidewalk and willed the minute to be over and soon it was! I got to the point in the neighborhood that I felt like I wouldn't see anyone I knew and could run without fear of humiliation.

After the 3rd interval of running, I knew I was done and couldn't do another one so I walked the rest of the way willing myself home.  My cheerleaders, Shannon and Alyssa, kept me going with their words of encouragement.  Having a support system is so important!  
Coming down my street, I began to feel a blister forming on my heel and knew I was in trouble.  I had purchased $10.00 socks at Charm City Run but haven't been able to find them- I must have hidden them really well.  I now realize the importance of good running shoes AND socks! I have a feeling this adventure is going to cost me more money- I now want a timer watch to keep track of my intervals. holding onto my phone to operate the timer was a pain.
So anyway, what I learned today:
1. I am going to do this!
2. I am going to do this!
3. I am going to do this!
4. Blisters suck!
I have also been counting calories and keeping track of them on an APP called My Fitness Pal.  I love this app!  It has a cool scanner that scans the bar code on packages and automatically calculates the calories!  I started on Friday and can already feel a BIG difference in my body!!  I won't weigh myself until this Friday but I know there will be a nice loss to report :)
In less than a week I have totally transformed my body, mind and spirit!  I know that I will do this, pretty sure I will hate it some times, but the end result will be amazing and I can't wait for the day that I can wear an outfit that I don't feel completely self conscious in.
Until then,
Just Do it! 


2 comments:

  1. Great job, Kristin! You are totally motivating me to get back to my running again. :-) Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. WAY TO GO! I am so proud of you for nailing this first week!

    ReplyDelete