Thursday, August 16, 2012

Keeping My Eye on the Prize

So anyone who knows me isn't surprised that there is a picture of Channing Tatum on my blog.  I am sure some were wondering why he hasn't appeared sooner.  Well Chan is here for 2 reasons.
1. I often think about him while walking (not for the reasons you probably thing tho).    I think about all the hard work he has had to put in to get this body and it inspires me.  Really that's the truth.
2. It reminds me of the reason I am doing this.  Yes I am doing this to get healthy, live longer, lose weight blah blah blah.  But I am also doing this so that when God decides to put Mr. Wonderful in my path, I will be comfortable with myself to not let him pass me by.
Yes I know what you are thinking- "Don't do this for a man."  "Do this for youself."  "True love doesn't matter what you look like."  Well that's all a bunch of mularky in my book.   You see, first I have to love myself before I can allow true love in and THIS is why I am doing this.
Yes I want to find the love of my life, I sure have waited long enough- 44 years (with a few major catastrophies along the way)- But I know that I cannot truly love and be loved if I don't first love myself and for me part of that is loving my body and I just plain don't.  SOOO yes I am losing weight and getting healthy for many reasons but the real reason is so that I can love myself and my body enough to allow love in. 
So my prize= Mr. Wonderful (someone who preferably looks like Channing Tatum LOL).  
It is all a means to an end and I can't wait to see what my fairy tale ending looks like.  I know I will not take it for granted and will cherish every step of the way- even the hard ones.
Until then,
Waiting for my Happily Ever After

Ps. Next post will be musing on Fairy Tale Endings

No comments:

Post a Comment