Sunday, August 12, 2012

Slow and Steady Wins the Race

Today's training started out at the store in McHenry Row off of Key Highway.  I was very concerned about my shins and worried that I would get half way down Key Highway and not be able to make it back.  BUT that did not happen!  My shins were so much better!!  My left shin still hurt and it feels like my left foot is very floppy, like I don't have much control over it.  That took up a lot of my thinking time, worrying that I couldn't control my foot and trying very hard to move through the motion of heel to toe but it just wouldn't cooperate and would just flop down with each step. 
 Having less shin pain made a huge difference in my walking.  I felt like I kept up a pretty good pace as we walked around Harborview.  I really enjoyed the sights and even thought about what it would be like to live in one of those million dollar condos on the water. 
All in all, I walked about 40 minutes and it was probably the best walk I have had so far, most likely because it wasn't humid at all.  Less humidity + little shin pain = Happy Kristin
I even entertained the possibility of trying running/walking intervals this week but I will wait to see how tomorrow's walk is.
Until then,
Loving my shoes even more 

Here is a little running eye candy! Keepin my eye on the prize! 

2 comments: