Sunday, September 2, 2012

My Alleluia Moment

This morning was the last training Sunday before the race next week.  I was up and ready to go early, actually lookiing forward to walking around the Fort, I've become a bit attached to that place now.  When I got there, I realized that I forgot my arm band and earbuds and started to hit panic mode- how was I going to walk without my music?  Then my wonderful co-worker, Michelle, had a great idea- put my phone in my cleavage!!  How did I not think of that?  Crisis averted!
My goal was to walk the path 3 times which would be about 3 miles.  Alyssa walked with me, which was amazing.  We talked the whole time and the 53 minutes just flew by.  But the best news of the day was that I didn't have ANY pain!  NO shin pain, no ankle pain and I felt like I could walk the path 3 more times.  What an amazing feeling!

I have lost 8 pounds so far and definitly feel it in my clothes.  What an amazing feeling it will be if I reach 10 pounds by race day.  I am feeling more optimistic about this whole experience and so glad that I have stuck with it. Big lesson learned- some days are just going to be harder than others (you would think I would have learned that one by now). 
 Shneequa and I talked about signing up for another one to keep us going.  Maybe by the next one I will be running. One step at a time.
So I am taking my positive attitude and putting this spin on everything this week.  I am healthy, happy and on a journey that will bring amazing things.  Thanks for coming along for the ride, errr ah walk rather.  I appreciate all the support from all of my cheerleaders more than you know.  This time next week I will be able to proudly display my 5K sticker on my car and have another Alleluia moment.
Until then,
Walking on
 

1 comment:

  1. Awwwww this warms my heart! I had such a great time chatting with you - see it fies by if you are having fun! I wish the improvement was a constant but there are times I fly through a ten miler like it's nothing (those are rare) and many more times when I can barely make it through 3 or 4 miles. But the great ones like today make up for it!

    ReplyDelete