Thursday, September 6, 2012

Gains and Losses

My walk today was quick and hurried.  I have been so busy this week and have not had time before it got dark to walk.  I knew I had to walk today and reminded myself all during work of that fact (even while I was dealing with 25 first graders in the lab today I was praying for my shoes to fall out of the sky and force me to run out the back door).  I had a stupid after school meeting that I ended up leaving early.  I was starving when I got home so I scarfed down a turkey burger.  No sooner was it down and I had to get out for my walk.  I knew that if I didn't go right then I wouldn't be back in time for the most important thing in my life- Celebrity Stalking!  The VMA's started at 8 and I wanted to be in my seat ready to see some of my favorite stars!  Well I do not suggest combining digesting food while walking briskly- not a good combo.  But it is done and I am now happily sitting on my couch watching Katy Perry give the first award to One Direction! I made it just in time.
Speaking of making it just in time, my race is this Sunday!!!!
It has been 6 weeks since I officially lost my mind.  In that short time there have been so many gains in my life. 1. I have gained a new pair of running shoes that I absolutely love. 2. I have gained the confidence in myself to set a goal and actually stick to it. 3.  I have gained strength. 4. I have gained stamina. 5.  I have gained a new sense of self importance.  6.  I have gained determination. 7. I have gained stronger writing skills and accountability by keeping this blog.
These are just a few of the new things in my life as a result of going completely insane.
And in 6 weeks, I have only lost 1 thing- ELEVEN POUNDS!!!
I can't tell you what this all means to me.  When I started this journey I wasn't sure I would make it.  I was prepared to quit and find comfort back on the couch with a full bag of cheez-its.  But instead I pushed through all of the obstacles, and believe me there were plenty, and I made it.  Well I haven't actually made it to the finish line yet, that happens this Sunday.  I know I am ready and I know that crossing that finish line will symbolize so much to me and I can't wait.
However, the finish line will not be the end of this journey.  I am only beginning.  I know there will be many obstacles ahead, I am already fretting about many of them, but I know that with each obstacle I face, I will find a way through it so that I can reach my next goal.  I have always kept my eye on the prize and that has made this journey all the more easier.
I am always amazed when someone tells me that they read my blog because when I write it, I only am thinking about me (cause I'm selfish like that) LOL
Well really it is just a way to get out my frustration most of the time.  So when someone says they read my blog it is definitly a surreal feeling. 
Thanks to all of my cheerleaders out there, I think you are the biggest gain because now knowing that others are reading my words makes this whole process real and valid and important.  Thanks for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment