Monday, September 3, 2012

This Bog Post Interrupts the Blog Posts Already in Progress.

"Today I don't feel like doing anything. I just wanna lay in my bed. Don't feel like picking up the phone so leave a message at the tone cause today I don't feel like doing anything." Bruno Mars
This is my theme song. You see I am basically a lazyaholic. I love having no plans and a whole day ahead of me with nothing to do. I can fill the hours with Facebook, twitter, celebrity stalking, movie watching, creative writing and naps, among other mundane things! Today, being Labor Day, I've decided to honor all of us who labor day in and day out and not do anything that remotely involves labor. I am even writing my first post on my phone because I am too lazy to get up to go to the computer. So please excuse any funky spellings due to touch screen that I will be too lazy to go back and fix. 
Ok so I had to switch to my laptop to upload this picture because I had to download an app and follow all these directions I was too lazy to read in order to add a picture from my phone.
My 14 year old doesn't understand my need for lazy days.  I don't think she has fully grasped the concept that her mother is a single parent who works full time and does 99.9% of the work around the house.  I keep meaning to change that but I guess I am too lazy. When I ask her to do 1 chore a day- ONE- you would think I was asking her to build the house from scratch.  SMH
So today I am lazy- no walking, pretty much nothing other than reading on the porch and watching some TV- today's choice was Big Brother After Hours which is basically 3 hours of people sitting around a house talking and being lazy!!!  I did make dinner, with Grace's help, to which both girls gave their typical response- "I don't like it."  Now I am not a cook, don't even like to cook but my usual repertuar of meals was getting old and boring and I have been trying to spice it up lately.  Especially since I am also trying to eat better.  Well so far not much I have tried has been a success.  I have liked most of them but I am not very picky and I also understand the time and effort it took to make said meal and will, therefore, eat it.
So, other than the failed meal attempt, today has been a quiet, lovely day.  I will go to bed rested and satisfied and ready to wake up with the alarm tomorrow morning and reenter the rat race.  This week will be a very busy one- Grace starts gymnastics again, I have Back To School Night, Anna starts back up with Girl Scouts, I can't wait to visit with my Uncle and his wife who are up from Florida, and I have to work too. Oh yeah I also have a "stupid can't tell you how much I hate them" meeting after work this week.  It looks like it is shaping up to be a very busy week and least I forget, I have to fit in at least 4 walking days before the big race on Sunday.
Well this change of pace post has been fun but now I am thoroughly depressed about my busy upcoming week so I think I will go lay down a bit and try not to think about it.

My thought for today! Tomorrow I will "Just Do it" again.
Until then,
Laze on


1 comment:

  1. Yesssss I love being lazy so much. Nothing confuses me more than the type of people who wake up on a snow day and are like "Yes! FINALLY a day when I can organize my closets and clean the baseboards!". Wrong answer, it's a day to watch reruns you've already seen 14 times, check Facebook, and nap.

    ReplyDelete