Sunday, September 23, 2012

The Life of a Single Mom

Sometimes being a single Mom is just too much for me to handle.  Today is one of those days. 
My head has been healing well (until today) and I set my sights on walking again today.  It has been too long and dare I say I actually miss it. 
Well here is how my day went:
Anna has been working in the church school so we have been regulars at church again- YEAH!  I spent some quiet time in church praying about my walk today that I was actually looking forward to.  I prayed for no pain and the ability to increase my distance without too much dificulty.  After church I had to pick Grace up from a birthday party sleepover.  After depositing the girls at home, I threw in a load of laundry and did the dishes.  Then it was time to go to a wedding shower in Bel Air.  I spent a lovely afternoon with my Bestie, Sandy, as we celebrated her daughter, Ashley's upcoming wedding.  By the time I left it was 5:00 and I knew that I had to get to the grocery store.  Anna was furiously texting me telling me how hungry she was because she hadn't eaten all day. Oops I guess I forgot to feed them lunch but they ARE old enough to feed themselves.  I frantically ran through the grocery store gathering ingredients for Quesadilas (Anna's dinner of choice) and other ingredients that I needed for school lunches and the crock pot meals I wanted to make this week.  I was completely stressed at this point about being able to get my walk in before dark.
Upon arriving at home Anna made herself a quesadilla and Grace and I made ours as I also attempted to unpack from the store and gather all the materials for the crock pot meal.  I have a faculty meeting tomorrow and knew that I would need a ready to eat meal upon arriving at home later than usual.
I furiously browned the meat and dumped everything into the pot.  At this point Grace started to complain of a stomach ache.  I was alternating between cleaning up the kitchen and tending to her.  This is a typical ailment of hers after a sleepover and I took my frustration out on her which caused both of us to end up in tears.  At this point the sun was gone and so was my mood.  I was so mad that I had missed my opportunity to walk- oh wait, I didn't have one today :( 
Oh yeah, and then there is my head- one of the staples really started to hurt today which is causing me worry. I may have to call the doctor tomorrow if it continues to bother me. It is pretty sore and I haven't had any real pain since Monday.
 Since I couldn't walk, I hoped in the shower to wash my hair and have a few minutes to myself and hide my tears with the shower water.
Grace is now crying and wanted my attention so I better go to her and coax her off to bed so that I can get there myself and start again tomorrow.  Yup today was not a good Mommy day.  Oh well.  Tomorrow I get to do it all over again.
Until Then,
I got nothing

No comments:

Post a Comment