Monday, September 17, 2012

Halloween Came Early

Thanks to Jewish New Year schools are closed today!!  Not really thinking that I might want to sleep in, I made a doctor's appointment for 8:45am to have a basal cell removed from my scalp.  Basal Cell is a cancer but is not life threatening and just needs to be removed and voila done.  I had one removed on my cheek 2 years ago and it was really no big deal.  Well in my mind this was going to be just as easy and I could resume my day, grocery shop and get some cleaning done. 
Not so fast :(  I had done what's called a Mose procedure where basically they cut out the cells and examine them under the miscrosope to make sure they got it all.  If not, they remove some more.  I can thank myself for having to go through this because I waited so long to have it looked at that those pesky cells took root.  So as my luck would have it, they had to go back 3 more times in order to get it all, resulting in a quarter size hole on the top of my head.  A flap had to be created to cover it and 13 staples place in my scalp.  Ok, so not what I was expecting at all.  You would think that I would be worried about my hair. No, not so much.  I was most concerned at the large bangage on my head that basically covers the whole top of my head.  yeah right.  Bummer.
Pretty right?  I have to wear it for a full 48 hours which means Wednesday afternoon.  The whole time I was stressing about work and how I could not face those children with this thing on my head.  I wasn't thinking about the pain I might be in with 13 staples but the horrified looks I was going to get from my neighbors and coworkers and students.  I was not happy.  I was even less happy when she said no exercising for 2 weeks, until the staples come out.  WHAT? I had certainly NOT planned on this one.  I am tentatively teetering on a 12 pound weight loss and lord knows what 2 weeks of not exercising will do to that.  Oh Devil you just love
to toy with me.
So that's pretty much it- after I can take the awful bandages off I have to vasoline the site until the staples come out on October 2nd.  Big Sigh.  At least I didn't have any hot dates lined up :) 
Fortunatley I am still numb so don't feel anything but anticipate some throbbing tonight so I better get to my sub plans and resolve to get through this like everything else the Devil throws at me.
Utnil then,
Searching for a Channing Tatum movie

No comments:

Post a Comment