Thursday, July 12, 2012

Running to Remember

Today I woke up stressed about going to get my shoes- the first REAL step toward this 5K experience.  Then 2 amazing things happened.  I clicked on a link on Facebook that a running friend often posts about and read the amazing story of a runner- you really need to go read her story- http://www.facebook.com/All4Running4Him  I immediately liked her page and knew this page would be a great source of strength for me- ahhh the powers of Facebook.  This made me think about all of this and my shoes, of course, so I sat down at the computer to find out where this store is and started checking out more info about this race I signed on to.  Well unbeknownst to me the Race is called Race to Remember and is being run on 9-9-2012.  Chills filled me as I immediately thought of my friend, Major Bob Marchanti who was recently killed in Afghanistan.  As the tears started I knew that I would run or at least walk this race in honor of him.  I felt a whole new resolve about this crazy experience.  It is no longer a matter of IF I will do this!
So I am off to the Farmer's Market with my amazing coach, Alyssa, and then down to Charm City Run to get my shoes and I know that Bob is riding on my shoulder the whole way! 
Until next time,
Thinking I may no longer be crazy
http://www.charmcityrun.com/page.cfm?pageid=179&pid=402&ptid=6

1 comment:

  1. Woo hoo! The race is super inspirational because firemen run it in full gear, and they talk beforehand about 9-11 and honor those who gave their lives. So if you feel like "wow, this is hard" usually a fireman will run by you with a gas mask and then you have to be like "damn, stop whining".

    ReplyDelete