Friday, March 8, 2013

Follow Through

In the words of my favorite singer, "You'll have to follow through with every word you say."  Now this is written in a love song but it also applies to my life right now.  Having a bit of a hard time following through.  There is a big disconnect between the things that I say and the things that I do. I know it, I feel it and I have to change it.
Just like the meaning behind Gavin's song, in every relationship you have to follow through with the things you say that you are going to do.  It's not good enough to just say you are going to do something, you have to actually do them.  My relationship with weight loss is no different.  Every day I wake up and say, I am going to count every calorie today, I am going to run on the treadmill when I get home.  Most days I am lucky to get close to thinking about maybe doing those things, I lack the follow through.  It sounds so easy doesn't it?  Well it's not, at least not for me who routinely gives myself an out for many many things.  Laundry?  Yup I can do that tomorrow.  Wash those dishes in the sink?  Well I sure don't care if they sit there until morning.  I have perfected the art of NOT following through sadly.  Probably the only area of my life that I am really good at following through is in a relationship and since I don't have that in my life right now, I have to learn how to apply that to all those other areas of my life starting now!
You see, I am going to see Gavin Degraw in concert again on July 11th in Virginia Beach and I have every incentive in the world to get another 15 or more pounds off by then!  I am meeting up with some friends from across the east coast and it will be summer so I will want to buy a new outfit, and if I buy a new outfit, I will want to look good in that outfit. And please do not give this mouse a cookie :)
So it is time I get my shit together and start following through with every word I say!
According to my new countdown app, I have 124 days until July 11th- it's a good thing I walked on the treadmill tonight!  I did manage to get in a little over a mile! So this week is going to be "follow through" week and if I say I am going to do it, then I will do it!  I will report in next Friday and let you know how it went!
Until then,
"These reeling emotions they just keep me alive, they keep me in tune." -GDG

1 comment:

  1. Gοod web site уou haνe here.
    . It's hard to find good quality writing like yours nowadays. I really appreciate individuals like you! Take care!!

    Feel free to surf to my web page ... Sixpack

    ReplyDelete