Monday, March 18, 2013

Follow Through Follow up

Well it's been a little over a week since my last post and I am happy to say that I did really well with following through!  If I said I was going to walk, I did.  I even ran a bit too and worked my way up to running .5 on the treadmill tonight!  I ran for a mile one time and then haven't been able to do it since.  I would have gone farther tonight but I forgot my sports bra (enough said).
I also started a workout challenge with my friend, Deb this week.
A college friend of mine, Vicki Sorensen, developed a game- Fitness Challenge.  Years ago she came out with the board game version and has now developed an app- here is a link to information about it- http://bit.ly/XlPUpL 
So Deb and I have a 6 week challenge where we earn points for each day we exercise more 30 minutes or more.  It has really helped me stay accountable, which we all know is key for me.
I am pretty proud of myself this week and feel like I have done really well, however, the scale has not been my friend.  While I haven't gained, I have also not lost.  I am on a new medication and I have a feeling that it is hindering my weight loss.  I am not discouraged tho because I can feel the difference in my body so that is great!  I try not to be a slave to the scale but I do have to weigh myself everyday or I will trick myself into believing I am doing better than I am- it's another accountability thing with me.  I have learned the ups and downs of the scale and don't put too much "weight" on it- haaa punny!

I am keeping on keeping on and all that good stuff and I know it will come off eventually!
This week I am going to be better about logging in all of my calories on the My Fitness Pal app.  I have not been consistent with it and my new goal is to log everything this week!  So we will see how that goes :)
I really keep forgetting just how good I feel when I get off that treadmill- I really do feel great and I have to keep reminding myself that everyday when I go through the mental battle, which goes something like this: "I should walk tonight, but I don't want to.  I guess I will, maybe later.  Maybe I can just do it tomorrow.  But I need to tonight.  I know I really should.  Ok in just a few more minutes.  But I don't want to.  But I need to."  BLAH BLAH BLAH
It is all a mental battle- the food, the exercise, the daily struggle to stay on track.  I am learning how best to combat it and so far I think I am winning... for now.  Every week is different.  I wonder what this week will hold?
Until then,
"I am trying with perfect faith" - GDG

1 comment: