Saturday, January 5, 2013

Sick as a Dog

I love figurative language, I do!  Nothing makes me happier than a good metaphor, idiom or cliche.  But this one I don't understand- Sick as a Dog- While yes, I am sick- I would never choose a dog to compare my illness to, I just don't get it. (maybe I will google it's origin today).
So as I ponder this one, while I rest and attempt to get well- I also have to ponder getting back on track.  I have not walked in 2 weeks and the scale is back up those pesky 2 pounds.  I am kind of happy about this because with Christmas and all it could have been a lot more.  
The worrisome part is how long will I have to wait until I can walk/exercise again.  I have a sinus infection and even the most mundane task, like emptying the dishwasher sends me to the bed gasping for air. 
The problem is my sinuses are so swollen that I can't breath through my nose.   It feels like a 300 pound man is sitting on them and they are filled with rocks.  
I went to the doctor yesterday and am on an antibiotic.  I feel so much better today but still not even close to being well yet.
I want to be productive, so while I can't walk on the treadmill just yet, I think today will be about meal planning.  I am going to do a full week of lunch and dinner planning.  Now I have never done this before and it is something that I am NOT good at.  Anything that involves a plan or organizing is my downfall.  But I am going to attempt it.
The problem is how to find good, low cost, low effort, tasty meals that my girls will also like.  They are so picky.  Anna is better at trying new things but Grace can live off of macaroni and cheese and oodles of noodles.  She doesn't like a variety of things and will flat out refuse to eat most of what I make.  The problem is, if she doesn't eat it then she will snack on all sorts of things, nothing healthy, and never eat a proper dinner.  It drives me crazy.
So my goal for the sick bed today- find healthy, easy meals to make this week for dinner (which are Grace approved) and make a grocery shopping list that won't use up my whole paycheck.  HAAA now I am rolling on the floor laughing and coughing.  Well anyway, you get the point.  It isn't going to be an easy task but I might as well make good use of the sick bed.   I will post any good blogs/websites that I find that help me along the way.  I know I am going to need it.  Comment with any good ones you use and like- especially if they are geared towards the organizationally challenged, the pesky picky child,  the lazy chef, or the budget conscious consumer! 
Until then,
Keep breathing

1 comment:

  1. Hope you are feeling better! Have you seen this website? I'll admit I haven't checked out the nonvegetarian stuff yet but so far everything I've made we both have enjoyed!

    http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete