Monday, January 21, 2013

Can I COUNT on you?

Counting points- that's the name of the game now!  A few of us at work started a new weight loss challenge today which is basically earning points for doing various healthy things.  
1 point for connecting with a teammate for encouragement.  3 points for drinking 64oz of water.  3 points for not eating after 9:00pm (I am making mine 7).  3 points for eating 2 servings of fruit.  5 points for eating 3 servings of veggies.  1 point for not eating sweets.  5 points for 30 minutes of exercise and 7 points for 45 minutes.  5 points for maintaining weight at the end of the week and 10 points per pound lost.
Now I am not a competitive person at all and this is going to serve more for me to personally keep track of what I am doing- yet another way for me to hold myself accountable- that has been huge for me!
It will be motivating because I am doing it with friends and I will enjoy the connecting with them and encouraging them, but for me the points aren't in competition. 
I don't thrive well in that environment- If I put too much thought into it, then my anxiety level rises and I worry about beating the other people more than I worry about doing what I need to do for me.  Nothing in my life has ever been about beating someone else out of anything, it's not a comfortable feeling for me, even if it's just in fun.
All along this journey I have found that just when I needed something to change and force me back on track, that what I needed just sorta fell out of the sky- I have been lacking motivation in the past 2 months and this came along at a time that I was beginning to worry that I wouldn't be able to get back on track.
Now if the fates could just drop Gavin Degraw out of the sky, I'd be a happy girl!- HA!
I am happy to report that I have now lost 20 pounds- took me long enough geeesh.  I was so so close right before Christmas, but even though it reached 19, I just couldn't allow myself to celebrate at that point.
The past month was tough, I went up almost 4 pounds but quickly took that off when I got back to regular routine.  
Now on to the next 20- I don't think I will officially celebrate it until the scale inches a few numbers under that 20 mark because I can fluctuate so quickly from one day to the next.  I try not to weigh myself everyday but some weeks I have to just to keep myself in check.
So now on to phase 2- kicking it up a notch, or should I say point?  Wonder where this adventure will take me?
Until then,
COUNTING on me! 

2 comments:

  1. That's so cool I didn't even know you guys were doing this! I am the same way...competition does nothing for me, and people like us seem to be in the minority!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahaa, its pleasant dialogue regarding this post at this place at this weblog, I have read all that, so now me
    also commenting at this place.
    My page: click the up coming article

    ReplyDelete