Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Oops I Did It Again

There I go losing my mind again.  I have signed up for another 5K.  What is WRONG with me?  Well I will tell you:
1.  I have lost weight.
2.  I am feeling healthier.
3.  I have set a goal and stuck with it.
4.  I am happier
ok ok you get the point!  When I look back on the last 12 weeks I cannot believe what I have accomplished and learned not only about myself but also life in general.  There were definitly bumps in the road and I still question my sanity daily, but I really think that I have embraced this walking thing and by signing up for another 5K, I am holding myself accountable to train for and finish it.
I also love the saying- "If you want something different, you have to do something different."  Had I not made this change then I would be in the same situation I was in last summer, wearing the same tight pants, feeling the same gross, fat, overweight feeling, eating the same foods and feeling pretty miserable about my body.

But I decided that I wanted something different- and I wasn't going to be afraid to give it to myself.  I wasn't going to wait for someone to change it for me because years and years of waiting for that to happen taught me something - if you keep doing the same things over and over again expecting different result you will just drive yourself crazy and end up exactly in the same place that you are in.
So I changed, just like that!
As I get older, I am starting to realize that I will get out of life exactly what I put into it and it is time to start getting everything that I want- starting with my body.
So yes, once again, I have lost my mind and once again my life will change because of it and I can't wait to see me on the other side.
Until then,
Let the training begin!

2 comments:

  1. Could you ever have imagined this outcome back at that first training walk at Fort McHenry?? NO you were angry and miserable and now it's all been wonderful! You guys are so tempting me to do that 5K - we will see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right! There were lots of tears and frustration and I WAS angry. I didn't want to do it but knew I had to. Thanks for always encouraging me!! And YES you need to jingle with us!!!

    ReplyDelete